In this “Behind the screenplay” post we’re letting you know a little more about the “Hot Sauce & Hollandaise” screenplay.
The anthology showcases slices of life stories with characters getting personal over the breakfast selection champion. Whilst eating, examining their food, cringing at bad coffee (and doing their best to apply enough cream and or sugar) we see how people share their souls in public. There’s enjoyment, sadness, vulnerability and for some, mimosas.
“Hot Sauce & Hollandaise” was inspired by Hugo’s favourite breakfast location and mixture, Cafe Zen in Vancouver’s Kitsilano and their Eggs Benedict which always requires hot sauce to bring it to perfection. In recent years a new competitor has reared its head, “Chewies” on 4th Avenue and Macdonald Street. Excellent eggs benedict and hollandaise sauce on a southern style biscuit. Not the healthiest, but really, is that the point?
The screenplay itself revolves around the different characters in the eatery that enjoy their drunken recovery brunches, or frankly just their unhealthy delicious breakfasts.
- Elk River – Six Organs Of Admittance
- Daily Battles (feat. Joe Farnsworth, Russell Hall, Isaiah J. Thompson & Jerry Weldon) – Jazz Arrangement – Wynton Marsalis
- I Just Don’t Understand You (Lost Tapes) – Röyksopp
- Mountains – Bat For Lashes
- Remaster – Control Machete
- nyepi (münchen) – live – Ólafur Arnalds
- Wide Eyes – Local Natives
- Cadillac – Ivy Lab