In this “Behind the screenplay” post we’re letting you know a little more about the The Lies People Tell screenplay.
Khalil Honert runs a fraudulent funeral home giving away fake ashes to save crematorium costs, manage the bottom line and generate some questionable profits in another sector.
The Lies People Tell writing playlist:
- Crepuscolo – Julia Kent
- Buying a book – Joe Tex
- In Search Of – Miike Snow
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Yoppa – Falside
- Lantern Flies in Mist – Black Taffy
- Celeste – Roger Eno
- Lawless Place (Epilogue) – Ian Urbina, Kettel
- De Ushuaia a la Quiaca – Gustavo Santoalalla
The Lies People Tell screenplay revolves around a fraudulent funeral home in Calgary, Alberta that rather than giving mourning families and loved ones the deceased’s ashes, they sell their bodies and provide bogus powder instead.