“Deformed Fate” is a film about an abused homeless man who is wrongly accused of murder and imprisoned in Russia. The inspiration came from various sources, including true crime cases, social commentary, and personal experiences.
An inspiration for the film was be real-life cases of individuals who have been wrongly accused and imprisoned. In recent years, there have been numerous cases of individuals who have been exonerated after being wrongfully convicted, highlighting the flaws in the justice system.
The film is also be inspired by social commentary on issues of homelessness, abuse, and injustice. “Deformed Fate” is a commentary on the way society treats those who are most vulnerable, and the systemic inequalities that often lead to individuals falling through the cracks.
Deformed Fate writing playlist:
- Rival Consoles – Monster
- Pep Llopis – Jardins Aquatics
- Daniel Herskedal – Våkenatt
- Roger Webb – Moonbird
- Antoine Forqueray – Pièce de viole, Suite No. 4 en
- Sol Mineur: Le carillon de Passy
- Arp – Il Sogno Di Monica
- Tigran Hamasyan – Tsirani Tsar
- Arvo Pärt – Fratres
- trentemøller – No One Quite Like You
- Van Hai – Dernier Amour – Ripperton’s No Love Lost Reshape
- Claude Debussy – Clair de lune – Arr. for Theremin and Voice
- Orphan Ann – Vi är överallt
- Loscil – Vespera
- Jordan De La Sierra – Temple of Aesthetic Action
- Atoms For Peace – S.A.D.
- Eduard Artemyev – Медитация (Из к/ф “Сталкер”)
- Paul Desmond – Glad to Be Unhappy
- Jean-Pierre Ferland – Le chat du café des artistes
- Limousine – Pluie
- Eberhard Weber – More Colours
- Flying Lotus – Using What You Got
- Francisco Tárrega – Capricho árabe
- Devendra Banhart – Book of Bringhi
- Silvana Estrada – La Enfermedad del Siglo
- Modeselektor – Minibus
- Kelly Lee Owens – 8
- Apparat – Love Theme – Live in Paris
- Radiohead – How to Disappear into Strings
- Eivind Aarset – Before the Wedding
- Yves Tumor – Ciervo
- Gidge – Stone|Shell
- David Lynch – The Night Bell with Lightning
- Philip Glass – The Hours: An Unwelcome Friend (From “The Hours”)
- Raketkanon – Mélody
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet – Koto Song
- Felbm – Birkach
- Sessa – Infinitamente Nu
- A$AP Rocky – Goldie
- Lil Wayne, Bun B, Shyne, Nas, Busta Rhymes – Outro
The plot of “Deformed Fate” draws on the real-life cases where individuals have been wrongly accused and imprisoned for crimes they did not commit. As we know, the justice system is far from perfect and is often rife with incorrect assumptions and lack of evidence that has led to the suffering of innocent people.
Moreover, the film is also a searing critique of the systemic failures that lead to poverty, homelessness, and social inequality. It lays bare the stark reality of how the most vulnerable in society are often left without support or resources to help them get back on their feet. “Deformed Fate” does not shy away from examining the flaws in the justice system, which all too often fails those who are most in need of its protection.
You can learn more about the Broken English production of Deformed Fate by clicking the underlined link.