The “Forwards (hacia adelante)” screenplay revolves around Denica Musk, a young woman living in Buenos Aires who feels stuck in her current life.
She’s dissatisfied with her job, her relationships, and her overall sense of purpose. Denica longs for a fresh start, a new beginning that will allow her to leave behind her frustrations and start anew.
Forwards (hacia adelante) writing playlist:
- Capital Cities – Lazy Lies
- AURORA – Running With The Wolves
- Max Richter – Pursuit
- Bon Iver – The Wolves (Act I and II)
- Banni Behr – Back to Black – Instrumental
- Amy Winehouse – Back To Black
- SZA – Drew Barrymore
- BJ The Chicago Kid – The New Cupid
- Ólafur Arnalds – they sink
- Julia Kent – Flag of No Country
- J. Cole – Runaway
- The National – Her Father In The Pool
- Jóhann Jóhannsson – Flight from the City
- A Winged Victory for the Sullen – Steep Hills of Vicodin Tears
- Alex Turner – Hiding tonight
- Radiohead – How to Disappear Completely
- Fionn Regan – Riverside Heights
- A Winged Victory for the Sullen – The Haunted Victorian Pencil
- High Definition Quartet – The Spectre
- DjRUM – Blue Violet
- 65daysofstatic – trackerplatz
- Iggy Pop – Free
- Kromestar – Broken
- Anna Meredith – Calion
- Fazer – Lina
- Robohands – Lament
- Shida Shahabi – Futō
- Bobo Stenson – Don’s Kora Song
- Library Tapes – Bagatelle (II)
- Makaya McCraven – Inner Flight
- Kings of Convenience – Catholic Country
- Foo Fighters – The Pretender
The inspiration for “Forwards (hacia adelante)” came from the writer’s personal experiences and stories of individuals who felt trapped in their current lives and longed for a change. The film explores themes of self-discovery, personal growth, and the power of taking control of one’s own life.
Set in Buenos Aires, the film showcases the city’s vibrant culture and dynamic atmosphere, highlighting the beauty of the city while also portraying its challenges. The film touches on social and economic issues that are prevalent in Buenos Aires, such as inequality and unemployment, which contribute to Denica’s frustration with her current life.
Denica’s journey to create a new life for herself is fraught with challenges and obstacles, but her determination and resilience could ultimately lead to a positive transformation. The film also explores themes of courage, perseverance, and the importance of taking risks in order to grow and achieve personal fulfillment.
You can learn more about the Broken English production of Forwards (hacia adelante) by clicking the underlined link.