“Later On That Life” is a film about a woman who discovers love for the first time in her mid-30s, only to have it abruptly taken away.
Real-life stories of women who have experienced similar journeys inspired the premise. Women who have focused on their careers, personal development, or other pursuits in their 20s and early 30s finding themselves looking for love later in life, with all the challenges and rewards that come with it.
The film is also inspired by literary works that explore themes of love and loss, such as “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald or “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
“Later On That Life” is a poignant and emotionally resonant film that draws inspiration from real-life experiences, classic literature, and contemporary films. It offers a nuanced and honest portrayal of a woman’s journey to discover love, and the challenges she faces when that love is suddenly taken away.
- Håkon Kornstad – Bremen
- Hampshire & Foat – A Long Way Home
- Hania Rani – Buka
- Nubya Garcia – Together Is A Beautiful Place To Be –
- Nala Sinephro Remix
- JOMORO – Mirror
- Alessandro Cortini – Iniziare
- Dewey Martino – Pipopapipo
- Pavel Milyakov – Midnight Blues
- Sandy Bull – Carmina Burana Fantasy
- Harmonia & Eno ’76 – When Shade Was Born
- Dina Ögon – Mellanrum
- Shabaka – Black meditation
- Daniel Villarreal – Patria
- Neil Cowley – She Lives in Golden Sands
- Penelope Trappes – Eel Drip
- Lapola Kalu – Bicicleta
- Ojard – Regarde en bas où l’ombre est plus noire
- Molly Lewis – Satin Curtains
- Hanakiv – No Words Left
- Klô Pelgag – Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs
- Tour-Maubourg – La révolte du cœur
- Valentina Magaletti – Per Strada
- naran ratan – Fanfare for naran ratan
- Rachika Nayar – memory as miniatures
- Piero Umiliani – Nel Villaggio
- Cihangir Aslan – Night Owl
- Hinako Omori – Spaceship Lament
- Ben von Wildenhaus – Bad Lament I
- Nico Georis – A Rainbow In Curved Air
- Robbie Basho – Eagle Sails The Blue Diamond Waters
- Szun Waves – Exploding Upwards
- Murcof – Avril 14th (Aphex Twin) – Vanessa Wagner Version
Issam Hajali – Ana Damir El Motakallim
Richard H. Kirk – The Feeling (Of Warmth And Beauty)
- Andy Stott – Don’t know how
- Kelly Moran – Red Storm
- Mathieu Pelletier-Gagnon – Navigation IV
- Anna Phoebe – By The Sea
- Sonnymoon – Just Before Dawn
- Jimmy Van Heusen – Here’s That Rainy Day
- Bruno Alexiu – L’enfer générique
- Terry Riley – The Heaven Ladder, Book 7: Simone’s
- Lullaby (arr. E.-M. Zimmermann for piano 4 hands)
- DARKSIDE – I’m the Echo
- Jonny Greenwood – Toki no Senrei wo Uketeinai mono wo Yomuna
- Sun’s Signature – Underwater
- Coil – Going Up – Remastered
- Anadol – 78 Yılının En Uzun Dakikası
- Qasim Naqvi – Helen
- Laurie Spiegel – Strand of Life (“Viroid”)
“Later On That Life” emerged from contemporary culture, where there is increasing acceptance of different relationship paths and the concept of finding love at any age. The story could be seen as a reflection of the changing societal norms around relationships and personal growth.
The film draws inspiration from literary works that explore themes of love and loss. Novels such as “Normal People” by Sally Rooney, “The Age of Innocence” by Edith Wharton, and “The Remains of the Day” by Kazuo Ishiguro all examine the complexities of human relationships and the impact they have on personal growth.
You can learn more about the Broken English production of Later On That Life by clicking the underlined link.