- Written by: Hugo Lunny
- Closest Genre: One room drama / One location drama
- Reminds readers of: Carnage, Funny Games
- Ideal for fans relationship dramas and thrillers.
- Length: 96 pages (variable depending on the screenplay book’s format)
- Logline: Robbing civilians is not as easy as robbing corporations.
- Show category: Feature film
The Best Laid Plans screenplay
Synopsis/backstory: Jilted exes can do things that the average person can’t fathom. Especially if they’re the other woman, strung along and their relationship doesn’t end well. When someone feels betrayed they can either let it go, or seek revenge. Samantha sought revenge.
Knowing J.R. And Karen’s routines, a scorned ex of J.R.’s sends two of her less than law abiding friends to burgle their home, expecting that they wouldn’t have been home. She concocted a literal shopping list of their possessions and ensured Elmar and David that there would be nothing to worry about, and nobody home to fear if they went at a specific date and time.
What wasn’t factored in was despite Sammantha’s confidence in their patterns, people’s habits and work schedules change. The home was not left empty.
Available for purchase here or directly on Android devices through Google Play Books