“The Gateways” is a set in Los Angeles that explores the complex relationships and connections we form with others while on the path to finding our true companion.
The inspiration comes from the vibrant and diverse communities of Los Angeles where people from all walks of life come together and form relationships in unexpected ways. The city’s unique mix of cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives creates a rich tapestry of human experience.
The film follows several characters as they navigate the highs and lows of dating and relationships in the city.
It draws inspiration from the iconic landmarks and neighbourhoods of Los Angeles, including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica, which provide a rich backdrop for their journeys.
“The Gateways” is a heartfelt and authentic portrayal of the search for love and connection in one of the world’s most vibrant and diverse cities.
The Gateways writing playlist:
- OKRAA – Ola De Luz
- DakhaBrakha – Alambari
- Danger Mouse – Belize (feat. MF DOOM)
- SOIL & “PIMP” SESSIONS – Planet Caravan
- Sarah Davachi – Play The Ghost
- Anteloper – Earthlings
- Morton Feldman – Rothko Chapel 5
- Michael Galasso – Scene 1
- Sofie Birch – Portal Of
- Pye Corner Audio – Ganzfeld Effect
- Högni – Anda Þinn Guð
- Seahawks – Seven States Of Bliss
- Bremer/McCoy – Afkald
- Astrid Sonne – Stuck in Pause
- James Litherland – Where To Turn
- Zola Jesus – Lost
- Hikaru Hayashi – Theme de l’eau
- WOOM – Walk
- Ana Roxanne – Take the Thorn, Leave the Rose
- Nate Mercereau – I’ve Got What I Need
- Kenny Segal – lollllbye
- Danai – Apo Mesa Pethamenos
- Nicolas Jaar – Faith Made of Silk
- Aindulmedir – Wind-Bitten
- The Ethics – Lost in A Lonely World
- Glass Beams – Mirage
- Little Snake – TO FIND LOVE IS TO SEEK THE END – Ivy Lab Remix
- Alabaster DePlume – Mrs Calamari
- BLK ODYSSY – YA NO PODÍA SALIR
- Cinnaman – Vérité
- Pepe Habichuela – Amanecer
- Yann Tiersen – Ker al Loch – Sote Remix
- Lucinda Chua – An Avalanche
- Gold Panda – Swimmer
- Charlie Megira – The Death Dance Of The Busty Hot
- Lifeguard Instructor Babe
- Nick Murphy – And You Don’t Even Know You Hurt Me
- The Glove – A Blues In Drag
- The Bug – Around Me
- Jonny Greenwood – Pyramid Song (Arr. Lawson)
- Emile Mosseri – Darker Than This
- Leon Vynehall – Ecce! Ego!
- Carlos Niño & Friends – Nightswimming
- Steve Reich – Pulses
- Tim Hecker – Boreal Kiss Pt. 1
- Minoru Muraoka – The House of the Rising Sun
The story of “The Gateways” is been inspired by real-life experiences of people living and dating in Los Angeles. Los Angeles is a city known for its diverse population, creative energy, and fast-paced lifestyle.
The film draws inspiration from filmmakers like Richard Linklater, Woody Allen, and Spike Lee that have all created films that examining the joys and challenges of love and companionship in unique and insightful ways.
You can learn more about the Broken English production of The Gateways by clicking the underlined link.