In this “Behind the screenplay” post we’re letting you know a little more about the “The Moment Has Gone” screenplay.
Cy Perrottet, a socially inept novelist, confronts the killer of his wife, Naomi, ten years after the killer’s sentencing.
Naomi was murdered by Ludvik Abijah at the age of 24 in what was deemed to be an accident, but it wasn’t. He was charged with fleeing the scene and manslaughter on an otherwise clean record.
Through Ludvik’s years in prison he sought redemption telling Cy the truth. It still makes no sense to Naomi’s family who resent the notion that he’s even considering meeting Ludvik.
- Nine Inch Nails – Together
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble – Lead Squid
- Brokenchord – Door Shutter
- Jacco Wynia – Cleansing
- Hot Sugar – Lullaby for my ghost
- John Prine – I Remember Everything
- Kathleen Edwards – Hard On Everyone
- Daringer – Afet
- David Wenngren – By Fields (I)
- _BY.ALEXANDER – TRUMPETS
- Jeff Russo – One of Us
- A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie – Our Lord Debussy
- Julianna Berwick – Heading Home
- Forest Swords – Friend You Will Never Learn
- Bibio – A Couple Swim
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Tafelmusick Baroque Orchestra
- A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie – Desires Are Already Memories
- Ride, Pêtr Alesänder – Future Love – Reimagined by Pêtr Aleksänder
- Christy Moore – Stitch In Time (Live)
- Radiohead – The Bends
- James Vincent McMorrow – Waiting
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Helpless Hoping
- Of Monsters and Men – Phantom
The possibility of forgiveness. After watching tens of examples of news segments or documentaries in which someone forgives a person or confronts a person about an unconscionable act and how they can achieve any form of closure, Cy and his situation were born.
For anyone that has had the privilege of spending time in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (or anywhere else in New York), you can understand why “The Moment Has Gone” has no other choice than to be situated here.